Thursday, January 1, 2009

Reclaiming Hope..

As many of you know..God has placed in me an overwhelming passion and love for the orphans of this world, and I know that my family has been called to foster and adopt and I know that when my Heavenly daddy calls He equips, so we stand on Hebrews 11:1 “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen” and me and my family will cling to that as God continues to work out our adoption story! In the midst of that I began to feel as though I was missing the point of my photography business and so I began to pray for God to show me how to use the amazing gift He has given me in more of ministry..how could I give back with this gift..and He first showed me the organization Now I lay me down to Sleep which has photographers come in and take photos of infants that have passed away..when I first saw this my heart sank..I was like oh God..Isn’t there another way? I don’t know if my heart can handle this..and through a still small voice I heard God whisper where you are weak..I am strong..and so I stepped out in faith and filled out the application..and now I wait for that door to be opened and to see what amazing things God is going do through me for those families!..and then I prayed again for the orphans..I cried out to God for Him to show me how I could reclaim hope for the orphans right now..and once again I heard God whisper to my soul..what do you have in your hand? My soul smiled as I realized I have my camera my camera! hehe..and I feel as though God is calling me to offer my gift of photography to bless Adoptive families and instead of them paying me for the session the money instead will go to an amazing organization that is all about reclaiming hope for the orphans “Caroline’s Promise” http://www.carolinespromise4u.org/index.htm this is my way..God’s way of using the gift He so graciously gave me to change the world..It so blesses my heart to know that the pictures I will take will be able to be used to changed an orphan’s life and give them hope! What an amazing God we serve! So if you are an adoptive family or know someone who has adopted please send them my way! I want to close by asking what is in your hand? What has God given you that He could use to change world? It’s so time to step out and watch what God will do! May God Bless You All!

Amanda

1 comment:

  1. I love your cute blogs Amanda. You are a very talented photographer--I just love how you have been able to capture the personalities of each child. Just from reading a little of your blog I can "see"(spiritually see) that you have such a tender sweet spirit. What a calling that the Lord has placed upon your life. I am so glad you are heeding that call. God Bless you.

    Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for the wonderful comment on my testimony. :)

    ReplyDelete